Monday, July 9, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours!

A few days ago, while my husband was in Salt Lake City, an eruption of great magnitude occurred in my bathroom...my toilet overflowed. Now, while this is not a regular occurrance, it is something that has happened frequently enough to warrant purchasing a handy dandy plunger no family should be without. So, of course, the first thing I did was run for the plunger. Let me tell you, I plunged that toilet not once, but twice, no three...I take that back...four times. Actually, I've lost count. You'd have thought I'd have gained some wisdom that continuous plunging at this point was not going to work, especially with crap now flowing like a river over the side and onto the tile floor. Did I stop? NO! I tried just one more time while Maddie was screaming, "Mommy, call the plunger...NOW! You need the plunger!" Yes, she meant the plumber!

She recognizes a job too big for her mom. What did I do? Of course, I called Roto-Rooter! In the meantime, after I had completely mopped the floor and cleaned the toilet area as best I could while waiting 4 hours for Plungerman, I inadvertantly left the bathroom door open while attending to lunch. I woke up a few seconds later as one name burst into my blonde brain, "Bella!" Yes, Bella, our dog, was at that very moment slurping up the mess in the toilet. In fact, she managed to lap up, in my estimation, about two 8 ounce glasses worth of you know what. We have since changed her name to Potty Mouth.
Posted at 07:59 pm by astonger

No comments: