Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Could It Be...Satan??

I've lost track of how many times M has "'accidently" spilled a drink. At the Seattle airport, she dropped her Starbuck kid's hot chocolate, and it occurred again just this morning. My routine this week after I pick up N from tennis is to order a Tall Nonfat Marble Mocha Macchiato and a kid's hot chocolate in the Starbuck's drive through, drive out that lot and into the very next McDonald's lot and order two Egg Mcmuffins for N. Healthy, I know, but I don't want to hear your criticism!

We get home, walk in the door, and suddenly, I hear this wailing, "I spilled my hot chocolate!" Of course, it's M. This possibly couldn't happen again. Maybe that hot chocolate from Starbuck's is cursed! Amid cleaning up the mess and lecturing M about the "rules" for holding a drink, using two hands, she says, "It was Satan's fault! He made me drop it." Yeah, right...how many times have I used that excuse in my life? I reiterated, "Use two hands when you hold a drink. It wasn't Satan's fault!"

1 comment:

Joni said...

Oh my word! Hilarious as usual!