Friday, July 27, 2007

Benefits of Drug-Induced Insomnia

1. Uninterrupted computer time at 12:30 am to research the antibiotic I'm taking, Levaquin, and discovering certain side effects can be insomnia. Confusion and hallucinations are other affects of the drug which I also experienced as I lay tossing, turning and generally wigging out before I actually arose out of bed to do my research.

2. No distractions while I'm responding to my email.

3. I don't have to hiss at my children, "Be quiet because I'm having my quiet time with the Lord" since they are all asleep during the hours I'm awake.

4. Finishing the book Envy by Bob Sorge by 2:30 am.

5. Enjoying extended prayer time for everyone/everywhere, even though I'm in a catatonic state and can barely think clearly.

6. Eating a piece of Milky Way dark chocolate and noone knows or cares.

7. Listening to the silence; it's golden.

8. Plenty of time to plan the next vacation.

9. Contemplating that this might be a good time of the day to scrapbook....or not!

10. Thinking bad thoughts and harboring anger towards the doctor who prescribed this without telling me that one of the side effects is severe sleeplessness.

11. Crawling in bed at 4 am wishing for sleep but knowing that when the alarm clock rings at 6:00 am, I'll still be awake.

I think I'll ask the doctor to prescribe some Valium to go with this Levaquin...Nap today, anyone?

1 comment:

Joni said...

Wish I could have sent C over to YOUR house when she woke us up at 3:30 am! ;)