Friday, July 20, 2007

The Purse Hunt

Ok, I admit, this is a completely frivolous posting; however, because I am a woman AND a shopper, I must tell about this. I have been purse hunting for a few months now searching for the perfect purse. It must be just the right size, not too big, not too small, the right number of pockets inside and most definitely include a cell phone pocket! My dilemma most of the time is cost. I just don't want to pay through the nose for a purse. My sister, who is the supreme opposite of me, would say, "If you like it, buy it, whatever the cost." She does this well, and I'm glad for that, but I just can't!! I need a deal, a sale, a bargain.

So, I don't mind telling you that I finally struck gold. I was looking at Macy's again and discovered THE purse. It was a Kathy Van Zeeland for you brand name snobs, the right size, with all the appropriate pockets, and the right price. It was marked down from $89 to $22, a real steal in my pocketbook. Incidentally, I've been told before not to advertise to others how much I pay for things, but I've thrown that advice right out the window. Sorry, Miss Manners. If I get a deal, I want everyone to know about it.

I showed my fabulous find to Tony when he arrived home from a long days work. "So, how much do you think I paid for this?" He gives it a cursory glance. "I don't know." Of course, I want him to guess, but he's not playing today. I excitedly spilled the amounts to him. "I saved almost $70 buying this purse." Typical husband response, "So, you saved me money today." It's the simple things in life that make us girls happy. I saved my husband money and bought a purse!

1 comment:

Joni said...

LOVE that purse, girlfriend. And it's so very you!