Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You Can't Take It With You

I have been officially tagged for the very first time by Tina. I have never done this before, but I decided to give this a try. So, here it is!

The LOOK AT THIS STUFF! ISN'T IT NEAT? meme
1. Find five things around your house that say something about the person you are and snap a
a picture of them.
2. Tell us about them.
3. Link back to me in your post.
4. Tag five (if you feel like it) folks via their comments and tell us who you tagged.

This first picture is of our newly (last March) remodeled living room. If you can picture it pre-remodel, the only thing on this wall was the fireplace with mantle. We had bookshelves built on each side of the mantle and then an enclosure created for the big screen television. As you can see, lights come on at the touch of a button to highlight some beautiful pieces we've picked up on our travels. It has totally transformed our living area, and it has become our favorite room in which to hang out.

Another favorite of mine are these pictures that one of my all-time favorite artists drew...my dad. These are pen and ink drawings he gave us several years ago that after much procrastination on my part, are now framed!! The middle picture is of Aslan from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. As you can probably tell, this picture is not hanging on the wall yet as we can't decide where exactly it's home will be. Obviously, these pictures hold great sentimental value to me, not only because of who created them but also because I believe they are quite good.
My dining room is another of my favorite rooms because of its color...merlot, and it manages to remain clean. You won't find any clutter in this room. Tony and I pretty much painted every room in our house using the wall-magic system, which is an easy way to faux paint. It's a great room for us to host the annual family Christmas. It doesn't get used much, but it sure comes in handy when the family descends from all points in Indiana.

We have an outrageously, unreasonably, out-of-control gargantuan bedroom which doesn't make sense at all considering the amount of time we spend in there. Again, wall-magic peachy colored walls with green accents. The colors make it a very warm room. I don't like it in the very early mornings of spring, however, when the woodpeckers tap into the side of our house mistaking it for a nice big tree. I'd rather not have that 5 am wake-up call.

Okay, yeah, I know this isn't a "thing", but isn't she the cutest mangy dog you've ever seen?! Meet Bella, our 3 year old baby girl. She's wearing some cool shades on top of her head. Bella Reena is a registered AKC Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier with whom I have a love-hate relationship. Bella has this propensity to find trouble when she's bored or desires attention. Hmmm, sounds like my kids. I can't even begin to count how many flip-flops or other shoes she's destroyed at this point in her young life. Still, I wouldn't trade the family dog for anything...yet!

It's only taken me about a week to get this done! What I noticed about this little project for me is there's not really anything in my house that I consider myself particularly attached to...aside from the pictures that my artist dad gave me. I guess this is a good thing since you can't take it with you! I'm officially tagging anyone who reads this post and desires to put forth the effort. Let me know if you git r done!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Love, love, LOVE the built-ins!! Such a neat clean looking space...well, each room is, actually!! Great job on the painting of those walls.

Your dad is a very talented artist...what a treasure!

And Bella...sweet sweet.

You did a great job! :) Thanks for participating!

gettingreal said...

I wish I could get a better look at the picture your dad drew. It looks amazing from what I can see. I cried when Aslan died in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was one of my favorite books to teach to my 4th graders.

I love your remodel, too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BELLA!!!!! I'm sure she'd love my cat, Tiger. What do you think? Ready to get rid of her yet? Love the pix. Mom