Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moms Just Wanna Be Fun

I have a new goal...to be more fun! Apparently, I used to be fun, and now I've lost my fun-ness...according to the Drama Queen, aka Maddie.

After church on Sunday, with just DQ (drama queen) and Alix in tow, I had to swing into the gas station since we were running on fumes. Immediately, DQ badgers, "Can we go to Subway? I'm hungry!" Allow me to interject at this time that ANYTIME Maddie sees a fast food joint, she is instantly hungry, EVEN if she just ate.

Me: No, we are not going to Subway.

DQ: (whining) Please???? I'm REALLY hungry.

I ignored her, got out of the car, set the gas to pumping and slid back in the car to stay warm. These Indiana temperatures are way to frigid for me to stand in the cold waiting for the tank to fill. While waiting in the car, incessant pestering continues.

DQ: MOM, look there's China Wok, Subway and Wendy's. We can go to any of those places.

Me: What about grilled cheese and ham at home?

DQ: NO, I don't want to go home to eat. C'mon, we can go to Wendy's. Mom, you're not fun anymore. You used to be fun.

Apparently, fun is equated with taking your children to eat unhealthy fast food. Well, that was all it took for me. I finished pumping gas, climbed back in the driver seat and promptly headed for the Wendy's drive thru. I NEVER want to be accused of not being fun.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Funny...eating is fun...how do you think I gained 50lbs while pregnant with both kids?!?! I certainly wasn't miserable while eating my honey buns! :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I'm going to be super fun tonight and get a pizza. It's the least I can do for the happiness of my family.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Boy, has she got your number! Sorta sounds familiar, tho. You are awesome, girl and you keep me laughing. Love ya, Mom