Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Love Worth Celebrating

Not everyone loves Valentine's Day. For many who are single or in unhappy relationships, this day is not on their top ten list of holidays to celebrate. At one point, I was in that same boat...before Mr. Pancake Man entered my life! He's brought joy, laughter and fun, obviously. Even more, this love of my life is my best friend with whom I share everything...my joys, my sorrows and my longings.
Things I love about my man:
1. He loves me for who I am, flaws and all (and I have many).
2. He loves to hang out with me (even just sitting on the couch to watch the Colts or IU play).
3. He loves all our kids (including his two stepkids). Oh, I admire him so much on this one!!
4. He loves his Savior and is constantly working on being a better man of God. There's nothing better than seeing him reading his Bible!
5. He loves to travel.
6. He looks good in a tank top (I know that's more shallow, but he is one good-lookin' hunk).
7. He plays on my blondeness often (this isn't difficult to do).
8. He cries with me during movies. (what a manly thing to do.)
9. He cares about what I think about everything (and I mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.)
10.He's always happy to see me at the end of the day!


Most days I count my blessings at having this unbelievable man in my life. That may sound incredibly sappy, but you'd have to know my history...you know, BEFORE Tony and AFTER Tony. For many years, I was so envious of other couple's relationships. They had something I didn't have and longed for. When God brought Tony into my life, I experienced true love beyond what I ever imagined. In fact, I remember one day asking my mom if she saw any red flags to please tell me. "No, Annette, he's your soulmate," she responded. Wow. That was so big to me coming from my mother.

(Niagara Falls)

Sure, we argue. Yes, we don't always agree. Many times I do get aggravated when he leaves the jelly jar out or forgets to tell me that he has a meeting and won't be home until late. But, in the big scheme of things...our love and commitment to one another...those things don't matter a hill of beans. He tells me every day how much he loves me and often says to the kids, "Isn't your mother beautiful?" To which they roll their eyes and murmur, "Whatever." If I happen to be cooking, he's always complimentary. When I try new recipes that he's not fond of, he gently asks, "Do you like this?" The kids just gripe and say, "Oooo, what is this? Have we eaten it before?" I would honestly have to say that he is much nicer than I am.

So on this lovey dovey (mmm...makes me think of dove dark chocolate) day, I celebrate my wonderful, crazy Mr. Pancake Man who loves me inspite of myself!

6 comments:

Joni said...

Here's to Mr. Pancake man for loving you well! In spite of how ridiculous he looks in that photo! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Picture of Tony! Oh yes, I took it. Anyway, you two are Blessed to have each other and we thank God for wonderful Christian family members that saw you guys as a possible match and introduced you two...and you took it from there. Yep. I'll always be grateful to Rhonda and Christy. God used them and we praise Him for that. Happy V Day to you both. Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

And who was it that hooked you up with Mr. Wonderful? You probably at the very least owe them your youngest offspring or something. Oh, wait....that would be Maddie, right? The one that brought the s*e*x* book to SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!Uhh, never mind....
On a more serious note, you are absolutely right about Tony. He is very complimentary and a gem indeed! Happy Valentine's Day!
Love ya,
Rhonda

Tina said...

That is very sweet!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mr. Pancake! :)

Lelia Chealey said...

Hello!
I read your post on Pamela's blog & it touched my heart. Then I come hear to read more about your marriage...so awesome!! I love how our God works. He just knows what we need. My life verse is Philippians 1:12 for I believe that everything God allows us to go through, whether if it's by choice or not, is to advance His kingdom. Keep doing what you're doing, for your testimony is more than just telling women how great your man is. You have a story that gives women hope for their future.
Blessings to you my new "blog" friend. :)
Lelia

Val said...

This is beautiful! I love your blog.