Friday, December 28, 2007

A Little Anecdote or Two

Anecdote 1
A couple of weeks ago I noticed a towel placed underneath our silk ficus tree. "What's that towel doing under the silk tree, Tony?" "Oh, Maddie tried to water it."

Anecdote 2
Maddie came home from school on the last Friday before Christmas break, saw me vacuuming her room and asked me to turn it off because she had something exciting to tell me. I, not wanting to break my cleaning rhythm, asked her to tell me with the vacuum running. "Look what I got!" she said showing me a tube of mini M&M's. "I won all the tests today!" It seems she's confused between taking tests and "earning" a good grade and "winning" something.

Anecdote 3
Tony and I were ordering food at a deli in town when he asked about the soups. He settled on the Chicken Tortilla soup, then promptly asked the server if it contained any meat. I looked at Tony, saying, "Yeah, it has 'chicken' in it." I guess it had been a stressful day for him, and it was too much for him to grasp. I'm wondering if he's been coloring his hair dark to cover up the blonde. I'm so glad that I have someone I can relate to in my family besides my daughter, Alix.

No comments: