Friday, June 13, 2008

Just Chilling Out

School is out, and I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Why in the world did I think I would suddenly have MORE time to blog with my kids at home? I barely have time to check my email anymore and can hardly check my favorite blogs. I confess that when I look at my bloglines once a week (that's about all I can achieve), and I see that there are 7 new posts, I simply refresh. I don't have the time to read them all. So, I apologize to all of you who've been wondering why I've slighted you with no comments!

I really thought that once school was dismissed, life would move to the slow lane. Unfortunately, it's crazier than ever. My teens flew out to Washington state this week; I have one child left at home, and I'm still running! Adding piano and swimming lessons to our already existing gymnastics practices has most certainly contributed to summer madness. So, why do I believe I'll get more accomplished at home with Maddie following me around? Why do I think that I will be able to get to those books on my shelf and do some in-depth study?

You know what? I suppose the answer is maybe I won't get to all of that, and perhaps that's perfectly fine. The best possible thing I can do this summer is spend time with my children while they are home. I need to lay down that concern that I'm not accomplishing all that I want to "do" and simply enjoy "being" with the ones God entrusted to me. At times, this is challenging because so many things beckon to me. My quiet time may be short; my blogging may be sparse; my reading may be less, but if my time with my children is meaningful and we are building better relationships, I believe God would be pleased.

I'm going to chill out this summer, spend time with my family and fit in the rest as I am able.

1 comment:

Paula Puckett said...

Amen to that. And sit by the pool! (-;