Friday, August 3, 2007

Two Days From Now

It hasn't quite registered to me that in 48 hours, Tony and I will be flying over the Atlantic to Lisbon, Portugal. No kids. No cooking. No cleaning. No normal life. For 8 days we'll pretend that we haven't a care in the world except which cathedral or castle to behold. No bickering except between us! No worries except what to order off the menu. I will even bask in the entire 9 hour flight since I can read with no interruptions until I doze off.

My three children will be in the most excellent care of their grandparents who make us look like complete bores. Besides their awesome responsibility of playing taxi driver and the general feeding and care of the grandkids, it'll be a week of playing games, eating ice cream and considerable other junk items and quite possibly little, if any chores. It makes it a little tricky when the bores return and crack the whip of daily chores, are too busy for games and allow no ice cream if a good meal has not been consumed. Who cares about these great luxuries afforded them during this week? Not me because for one week I have absolutely no worries about the well-being of my precious gifts from above.

While I won't be blogging for a few days, stay tuned for some pictures from Portugal as well as reflections about our visit. Bon voyage, hasta la vista...

No comments: