Monday, April 7, 2008

She's Asking for a Wacking

This weekend while hubby traveled to San Francisco for a business trip and then jaunted to Seattle to spend a couple of days with his mom, the DQ slept with me for two nights. I believe she's genuinely excited when daddy leaves, so she can have a sleepover with me. Saturday evening, we were hunkering down...me with my book, she with a notepad and pencil. I urged her repeatedly to "put that up and go to sleep" which of course, she did immediately. Right! "Just a minute, Mom, I have to write this note."

I had set the alarm to awake me at 7:30 to get ready for church. Maddie asked me to wake her up when I got up and then also gave me a note to put on the nightstand in case I forgot.
To: mommy
Remember to wack me up at the same time as you get up. Thank you.
Love, Madisen!
I'm convinced she really doesn't want me to wack her up side the head in the morning, although, there are times I believe wacking would be effective with teens. Notice the exclamation point at the end of her name. This is a frequent use of punctuation in her writing.
In case you were wondering, no wacking was employed in the waking up process. The alarm was quite loud enough.

4 comments:

Joni said...

Ummm...why am I not surprised that the DQ loves exclamation marks? That sweet girl IS an exclamation mark! ;)

godlover said...

Just blogging today and wound up here at your site. I love to read blogs and I blog too, of course. I enjoyed your photos. I would love to go to DC sometime, but I think that's pretty iffy for now anyway. Keep writing and have a great day.

Marj
Calaveras County, CA
http://gdlvr.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Ha! I would hate to be woken up with a wack!! Glad you didn't do that, heehee!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am behind in my blog-hopping but this was so cute!! You made me giggle!! How precious. I love it when I get to spend time like that with my girls. My husband doesn;t travel so it's never all night anymore. When we went through the divorce with their dad we did that a lot. I miss it. My husband is very understanding in their need (and mine) to sometimes crawl in our bed and snuggle for awhile. I am thankful for that.
Blessings!
In His Graces~Pamela