Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New York, New York!

In just a few short hours, at approximately 3:15 a.m. (yes, that's a horrible hour) Nick and I will be boarding a bus that will take us to the airport and then off to New York City! Every year the school musical group he is part of (Sounds of South), takes a 4-day trip somewhere. It's not only a reward for their hard work all year, but also an opportunity for them to sing in other cities.

This year they will be displaying their talents at St. John's Church as well as Shea Stadium. Yes, they will sing the National Anthem at the Mets game! Not only that but we will also enjoy seeing the Phantom of the Opera and other fun New York sites such as Central Park, the Empire State Building and Ellis Island.

My poor, blond brain has been muddled all day. Perhaps you can help me...do I: a) stay up until it's time for me to leave at 3 am, b) go to sleep early, wake up at 2 am to take a shower and then leave at 3 am, or c) wake up in enough time to throw some make up and clothes on and leave without showering? It's just so confusing. And, if you know me, I DO NOT leave the house without make up on, so leaving the make up off is not an option! As Solomon once said, "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity." I confess that's me. However, I have no problems with dousing myself with extra amounts of body lotion and perfume in order to smell like I took a shower. But, look like something the cat dragged in? Not gonna do.

I'll be catching up when I return and relate all the wonderful things about New York City! It happens to be Nick's birthday tomorrow and mine on Sunday, so what better way to celebrate? Of course, I'll be writing about my wonderful boy as well...

New York City, here I come!

4 comments:

Tina said...

How cool!! I've been to NY but only for one day...I'm glad you will have more time than I did.

Have fun and enjoy the city AND your son! :)

Paula Puckett said...

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure in that wonderful city. Did you find the Krispy Kreme donut store? I once trekked 90 blocks with a friend just to get a hot glazed donut! (-:

Anonymous said...

Did you have fun celebrating Nick & your birthdays while in NYC? How fun was that? Love you guys...Mom

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am vain in that way too...I would have set the alarm early to shower and have my make-up on. Be sure to fill us in on your trip!!

In His Graces~Pamela