Friday, April 18, 2008

Breaking Up is Hard To Do!

Yesterday, the DQ came home from school and asked for the phone. She apparently needed to call a boy named Justin who rides her bus.

Me: Is Justin the boy that was in your class last year?

DQ: Yes, only he's still in Kindergarten.

Me: Why do you need to call him? Girls don't call boys. (At least in my house they don't!)

DQ: I need to break up with him.

Me: You are only in 1st grade. You don't need to be going with boys.

DQ: Yeah, well that's why I need to call him...to break up.

Me: You're not calling him. Tell him on the bus tomorrow.

DQ: But, I'll forget!

Me (thinking to myself): Trust me, honey. You don't forget it when you don't like someone anymore and you need to break up with him!

Folks, this is what happens when you have an older daughter who is 14 and who is actually "going with" boys...although NOT "going anywhere". What's a mom to do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..My..Goodness!! That is hysterical. That girl is too much! I love it!

Love ya,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I just can't wait until she's 16. smile. Mom

Tina said...

Funny...but I'm not looking forward to those days! My sweet daughter says she wants to marry her Daddy or her brother while that's, of course, impossible, it's sweet and innocent!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable child! :) The story melts my heart... I hope she grows up to be strong and as adorable as she is now.