Monday, January 28, 2008

The Ongoing School Saga

Upon driving Maddie to school this morning, we had our usual conversation.

Maddie: "I don't want to go to school. Why can't I be homeschooled like Ashley? I don't want to do math."

Me: "Ashley still has to do math at home. She has to do all the same work that you have to do at school."

Maddie: "Well, I don't want to go."

Me: "Remember when you were a little girl, and you watched Nick and Alix go off to school every day? You couldn't wait to go to school."

Maddie: "Well, life changes."

It sure does, doesn't it? Someone please explain to me how she and I are going to get through the next 11 years of school.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Ha! That girl!!

Paula Puckett said...

I guess you'll get through "one day at a time!" lol!

Anonymous said...

I guess those "brat" genes are hereditary, if only Uncle Bud knew. She reminds me of a female Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame.

-bro bob