Saturday, October 13, 2007

Guilty or Innocent?

Last night at our high school football game, free-spirited Maddie found her friend Daxton to play with. While Tony and I sit up in the stands, Maddie and Daxton love to run down the stairs and play, sometimes venturing under the bleachers, literally hanging around on the poles underneath. During one of the times Maddie and Daxton bounded up the stairs to check on us parents, I asked her what they were doing. "We're just playing halfway under the bleachers."

"No, I mean what are you doing under there?"

"Well," she says, "we're not playing boyfriend and girlfriend."

Hmmmmm. I think we've got trouble. She better not be "playing" boyfriend and girlfriend under the bleachers when she's 16. Guilty or innocent? I say she's guilty by reason of her admission of what they were definitely not doing!

1 comment:

Paula Puckett said...

I love your Maddie stories. Just precious.