Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Precious Moments

My just turned 8-year-old, Maddie, climbed into bed with me yesterday to snuggle. Because it was a day off school, I had told her the night before that if she happened to wake up early, she was welcome to warm up next to me. We both fell back to sleep until later when I heard her climb out of bed and quietly exit my bedroom. I arose a few minutes after she did and padded into the kitchen. There she was, sitting in the "quiet time" chair in the living room, reading her devotion for that day. What a beautiful sight! It was one of those moments in which I was ecstatic to have her mimic my own behavior in the early mornings.

Of course, when I was spending some time reading Scripture, she was "done" and began to talk incessantly until I finally gently reminded her that I was still needing some quiet for my own devotional time. She replied, "I know...I just can't stop talking!" My sweet, precious, little chatterbox who is learning to spend time with her Savior...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just precious. Love it! Mom

Anonymous said...

Just precious. Love it! Mom

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

Jennifer said...

This is so encouraging and beautiful!! My little girl (oldest) is just 5. I hope she too initiates her own devotionals someday (after she learns to read!! :P)

by the way, I found you through the CWO blogroll.

Bless you for shining your light into your household, Sister!

Anonymous said...

Found you at CWO blogroll! It is awesome what you are teaching and role modeling to your daughter!